Monday, October 31, 2011

As promised

After a...well...let's call it long weekend, I'm back on the grind this morning. Here's a look at what I was telling you all about on Friday. I was checking out Jonathan Adler's amahhhzing site, and was inspired to throw together a nursery look. I then realized they have an extremely limited line of children's furniture (mainly just a couple chairs and casegoods), so I mixed and matched with some pieces from the Restoration Hardware Baby and Child line. I love to rep some Resto, they are always coming up with the cutest little masculine and vintage-y goodies for children's rooms. If anyone received the Holiday catalog this week, how cute are the little furry fighter-pilot style hats?? Love em! And I'm really thinking I need a faux Lynx throw for my sofa. Ok, that's beside the point! The only other resource I used for the idea nursery was an online antique dealer for the brass crib.


I liked the idea of using a more rich color palette than is typically used in a nursery. I also think a huge miss in many nurseries is a lack of seating. I mean, hello, a glider chair shouldn't be the only place to rest in your child's room! It's nice to make it an inviting space for sitting and being around the baby. I played off the brass in the chandelier with the brass crib and brass hardware on the furniture, which are all great contrasts against the deep olive green, navy, and warm grey paint. The white in the deer head and lamp, as well as the pillows and background of the portraits will serve as a way to lighten the room a bit and contrast that reserved look. I also love the idea of the roller coaster art pieces that play on the lines of the crib they would hang above. I chose all furniture to have fairly high legs as to not look so heavy since I'm using predominantly dark colors. Hope you like!


On a total side note, I follow all the Kardashians on Twitter and they just filmed an Extreme Home Makeover centered around the Walker family. I did a little Googling and found a multitude of articles on the family and their personal tragedy. Read the article about the tragic death of their son due to bullying here and about the show and what they're doing to help here. This is a quote from Rev Run that he posted on his Twitter this morning that I retweeted and feel like everyone needs to hear.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. - Plato.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment