Monday, September 12, 2011

Totally Tortoise

When at Scott's Antiques this past weekend with the best friend, I saw some tortoise shell jewelry boxes that made me drool. Similar to this:

Tortoise shell, gold medallion, and filigree cutouts? Mmmkkk. 



Thank goodness I didn't bring my wallet in or mama would be in trouble! What, you may ask, would I put in my tortoise jewelry box? Well of course, I won't leave you hanging..





But, tortoise shell isn't just for sporting on your wrist. Take a gander!

I would love to use this as a print/series someday

Midcentury Modern yummy chairs! 

Inspiration!

Yes, yes, yes please. 

Tabletop accessory--rare albino turtlies! 

Love the shape/distressing on this mirror from 1st Dibs. 
Stacking tables from Hollyhock, 1st Dibs

Beautiful serving tray from Tres Belle, 1st Dibs

My conscious also starting growing heavy as I found these beautiful images, so leave it to me...



...I found out that "In 1973, the trade of tortoiseshell worldwide was banned under CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species).[1]" via Wikipedia. 


 So unless you're rocking an antique, you are most likely sporting a material that merely mimics the gorgeous shell (like Tortex.) Yay, conscious clean!

Have a fantastic Monday, ya'll! 

No comments:

Post a Comment